Saturday, July 28, 2012

Movement

A few of use at Starving Artists Forum do a blog hop, we try and make it monthly (sometimes it's late!) and this months topic is movement.


Considering the bulk of my work is jewelry movement is usually a given. One thing I have been trying to figure out is how to get some moveable pieces on these sugar skull pieces. Needless to say I have no ideas at the moment.

So for movement as a topic I am moving on, to me.

I feel a need to move more, I've been a runner for a little over a year now. I feel a tiny voice in my gutt telling me I need to do more. Try more, move. I am thinking about trying triathlons or something like that. I have a HUGE fear of swimming in open water so if I did actually do one it'd be overcoming a big fear for me. It's still in the thinking stages.

What get's you moving, in design or life?

5 comments:

Cat said...

That's interesting, thanks for sharing and good luck!
I should probably, no, surely move more, but at the moment my mind is set on moving on from the past into a new future. I can only deal with one big thing at a time ;-)

Carole said...

Hmmm. I like the way you're thinking. I need to get moving physically also.

Jeanne said...

I'm sure you'll come up with a clever solution to your movement blockade, Nicole. The eyes look like they'd move if you twist them, though... my motivation is always visual in nature, either seeing it with my eyes or seeing it inside my mind's eye. Nature is always very inspiring to me.

You know what they say about growth, if you're comfortable, you're not growing! :)

JewelryArtByDawn said...

Those skulls are super cute!

I need to move more too - I walk most everyday, but it's probably not enough. Something that involved stretching would be good as I notice that as I get older I don't have the range of motion I used to have.

Good luck with triathlons if you decide to go that route. Overcoming that fear or at least facing it would probably make you feel really good.

vmcdesigns.nl said...

I adore your sugar skulls. love the flowers on them, makes them less scary. :D